Blog Widget by LinkWithin

A Plaid by any other name is NOT just a plaid

>> Saturday, March 7, 2009

by Sue W.

Welcome!

I've been on a roll lately with our plaid stamps so why change now! This week I decided to use my open plaid and add one of our card edger plus's.

Here's a picture of the 3 stamps I used.

To start my card I stamped my plaid stamp (at the bottom of my card) upsidedown with the largest opening towards the center of my card. After re-inking I turned my stamp right side up and stamped it again, about 3/8" above my first stamping.


Next I filled the 3 larger opening using the flower side of my card edger plus and black pigment ink


Then I stamped the top and bottom edge as well. After embossing with clear powder I colored all the flowers using pink and purple bic markers.


The rest was simple, after turning my stripes vertical I mounted it on a purple card. My center image was stamped using turquoise ink and dry brushed with the same ink around the edges. After cutting the back layer for it I wrapped it with 1/8" lavender ribbon before attaching the sentiment.




By the time I got to the inside I was in a mood to get a little funky, so I cut a bright pink piece of cardstock (angled at the bottom) and stamped both my sentiment and flower using versamark ink and embossed themusing white embossing powder.


Thanks for spending part of your Saturday with DRS!!





6 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I love the DRS plaids -- they are so versatile and the perfect way to make personalized DP! Your card is beautiful; perfect for a spring birthday with the sweet flowers and cheery color combo.

dawnmercedes said...

wow..great plaid!!

Debbie Seyer said...

This is too cool! What a great card.

Heather said...

Your backgrounds are always so incredibly amazing! Beautiful job!

Lisa Schipritt said...

Sue....Great job with your plaid...off to play with my DRS plaid...Lisa from RI

Anonymous said...

Fabulous plaids Sue!! Way to go on the awesome tutorial!! :) TFS

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP