Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

All Alike, But Somehow Different

>> Sunday, January 11, 2009

posted by: Cathy

******
Before I get to my post I just want to give a heads up! Starting today, DRS Designs is the proud sponsor of the Card Positioning Systems Blog (CPS)!!! Be sure to stop by and check out what their fabulous designers have done with our stamps!! I can't wait to see what you do with their sketch for the week too!!!
******


Of course I'm referring to babies...and cards...!! Babies are alike in the things they do (!) but yet they are different...cards are alike in colors and sketches but then again a slight twist can make them very different.

Earlier in the week I participated in two challenges over on SCS...the sketch challenge and the ways to use it challenge. I decided that I would keep my trio of cards very similar in color, stamps and layout and that lead to my post!

My main idea around these cards was to use the new baby carriage stamp that was just released by DRS along with the new diaper pin stamp. Of course the sentiment that was released along with them is a keeper, but did you know about all the other baby/adoption sentiments that DRS has?

Check out my cards...

This first one is using the sketch challenge for the week...I chose to make this the girl card...using a great adoption sentiment...sometimes it's hard to know what to say...this is perfect!!



and then the boy card...this one was for the ways to use it challenge to use stars - the DRS star backgrounds are perfect for any occasion...and another great adoption sentiment...the sketch is pretty much the same but for this card I tilted both panels and changed out the pink layer for a blue layer.



and finally - a card good for a boy or a girl!!! This one uses a general baby sentiment and since it's a general card I used a green panel rather than pink or blue. I only tilted one panel in the sketch but you get the same idea.



So, you see...similar in colors, themes and layouts, but yet so different. One for a boy, one for a girl, one for who knows - pre-delivery of course!! Cards for adoption, cards for general baby wishes. So, if you feel like your stuck in a rut with your layouts, just a quick tilt to a panel or flip of the layout can make a difference and get you creating like crazy again!!

Thanks for stopping by today...I hope you can join use back here tomorrow for a new challenge - the first of the new year!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Janette said...

these are all very pretty Cathy! I too think that DRS has some awesome adoption sentiments

Anonymous said...

Cute creations!! Love how the colors give a different look to each one! :) TFS!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

These are all so beautiful. I wasn't sure where to post my CPS challenge, so thought I would do it here. Here is the link for my card by using the sketch #99 - http://lifefullofsunflowers.blogspot.com/2009/01/cps-sketch-99.html

If I am not in the correct place, could you please direct me? Thank you for your help and great sketches - I have you on reader, so I can get updates !!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP