Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Gettin' Ready for the Holidays!

>> Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm from Michigan and our nights here are really starting to cool down! Driving in my car at night I actually have put the heat on! We all know the holidays are just around the corner...less than 150 days actually. Yikes! I think this ticker makes it sound better, Don't you?



So, why not thoughts of cooler temperatures, snow and snowmen, and the hustle & bustle of the holidays?


With that in mind, here's a card I made--perfectly displaying ice, snow, and cooler temperatures. Can you feel it? LOL!



  • Stamps: All Stamps by DRS Designs-Golfing Snow Ball Man K448, Have a Jolly Holiday! D480, Pine Bough K467, and Snowflake Easy Background K187
  • Ink: Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink
  • Paper: White Bazzill cardstock, dark blue smooth cardstock by Paper Reflections
  • Accessories: Heat gun, Creative Beginnings white embossing powder, silver ribbon from my stash (brand unknown), Icicle Stickles by Ranger






The entire card was created by using 4 stamps by DRS Designs that were all heat embossed in white. I added some Icicle Stickles to the pine branches and some silver ribbon for a more elegant effect. I made this card larger than usual, 6" x 6", so that I had more room to create the snow scene without all of the images being so cramped in a smaller space.













Of course it wasn't as simple as it sounds. First, I stamped and embossed the snowman. Next, was the sentiment, and the pine branches followed. Embossing all of those wasn't too bad. The snowflakes were a little more difficult to accomplish! I had to do a little masking to get them strategically placed. However, I am very happy with the final result!





Have you started your holiday cards yet? It's never too soon to start! Click on these links to see some of the great holiday and Wintertime stamps offered by DRS Designs: Christmas Designs, Christmas Wording, and Winter Images.


Have a great weekend!
Smiles,
Jennifer

9 comments:

Angel said...

getting cold there already?? oh my! we're still dealing w/ upper 90s every day! this card is so wonderful and festive! love it!

Heather said...

It is starting to get cooler at night in WI too! I love this time of year! Great card!

Jessica G. said...

What a fun taste of winter! I am so impressed with all that embossing; I bet it looks even better in hand.

Anonymous said...

What a darling card!! You've put me in the mood for Christmas!! Your embossing looks wonderful! :)

Etha said...

what a neat card! thanks for all the explanations!! I love the detail :)

Cathy Rulli said...

What a fun card!!!! Must be cool in person!!

Dawn said...

Love the shiny shiny-ness to this card! so pretty and you described it so well... Super Job!

Janette said...

so sparkly and pretty- very nice job!

Teresa said...

That's a GREAT card! I will NOT think about the holidays yet- I am totally unwilling to give up my favorite season- SUMMER!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP